Biggest Auditions in Denver



Wow. The Lord really worked through this one.

So several months ago, the Denver Center Theater Company and the Colorado Theater Guild announced their auditions for the 2010-2011 season. This is a BIG deal--the most important auditions in Denver every year. Well I was chicken at first and didn’t sign up right away. But I did find a new voice teacher and a monologue coach to work with. Both are AMAZING. So I finally signed up to get an audition time and they were full. Bummer. But I kept working with the monologue coach because I figured it was valuable no matter what. So the auditions were scheduled May 14 & 15 and nothing opened up as far as I knew. So Friday at work I got up enough courage to take a personal day the rest of the day and left about 10:00am. I got downtown to the Jones Theater about 10:30 and they weren’t even starting auditions till 11:00am! I was right on time. So I went up to the sign-in desk and told them I was on the waiting list but wanted to check and /or wait for a slot to open. They already had one open for 11:15! It was totally God! So I ended up getting to go 4th. I went in, said my name and recited my 2 monologues, said thank you and I was done! Here’s hoping I caught someone’s eye.

So not only were the directors of DCTC there, but any theater in Colorado who is a part of the Colorado Theater Guild could come and watch the auditions too. So I basically auditioned for about 10-12 different theaters! They also create a database of all the actors’ pics and resumes for all the directors to have on file. And I may not hear anything for quite some time or not at all! But I was so thankful I at least got the opportunity to put myself out there in such a big way.

It was also interesting, because I came from work and had brought a pair of jeans with me—so I changed into those and just wore a semi-nice black turtle neck top and my black flats. All the other women I saw there were in SUPER high heels and SUPER short skirts! So maybe they’ll remember me even more because I DIDN’T look like that. I really just wanted to show them my face and my talent. Not the REST of my body! It was funny. And a great experience! My trust is in the Lord now. I feel He’s moving with a plan. I believe He can make a way where there is no way.

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 12:08 PM

0 Comments to "Biggest Auditions in Denver"

Post a Comment